Probably one of the strongest business applications for utilising Twitter is around events. Twitter shines around any event, be it a sporting event, TV show, trade show, product release, news event, or natural disaster. The immediacy and universal availability of the medium are unrivalled for this purpose.
This regularly presents a great opportunity for public relations, content marketing, and sales lead engagement.
The problem is that conversations around events emerge unexpectedly, move quickly, and go in surprising directions. There really is no guarantee that every group, clique, and conversation will stick to one hashtag, and many situations are too emergent or chaotic to neatly follow an arbitrary convention.
If you are in the field attending the event, or out of the office when some issue emerges, how do you maintain awareness of the situations so you can gain the advantage?
narratif Trends and Discover are uniquely designed for this purpose. The real-time concept learning means that narratif can track multiple emerging issues and novel key-terms and tags, so you don't have to. The visual storyboard collates the issues and makes it simple to maintain awareness while in the field. It even dynamically identifies the influencers behind each situation.
Shortly, we will also offer email updates which send you the story-boards from the latest time window. These story-boards are retained on our cloud servers so you can track back to find the root cause of an issue.
Our enterprise beta testers found that Discover revolutionised their event awareness, to the point where it became apparent that situations on Twitter change too fast to allow for content to be approved after the fact. narratif Discover lets people understand and use Twitter at a new level.
7 Steps for Event Engagement with narratif:
- Prepare a Framing statement for your product or service. This will guide your content creation and your responses.
- It may help to have pre-approved content items ready for immediate use when a story warrants it, but be prepared to adapt to the tone and direction of the conversation.
- Monitor narratif Trends to watch for major breaking situations.
- Use narratif Discover to scan for more specific events matching your topics or brands of interest.
- When you find a relevant situation, use narratif to quickly understand the context and tone of the situation. Maybe find a specific tweet from an influential person to comment on.
- Quickly adapt your message to the situation, and add selected hashtags, keywords, and mentions as identified by narratif for this situation... and send.
- Use narratif Discover to track this issue and quantify the impact of your contribution on the conversation. You may want to contribute further tweets as appropriate.
Remember to keep it appropriate, interesting, and timely.